Product Code: 73-30130-01173-1
Kvaser U100 is a robust, single-channel CAN/CAN FD to USB interface with reinforced galvanic isolation.
Kvaser U100 is the first in a new range of interfaces that is also suited to rugged applications in marine, industrial, heavy duty vehicle and heavy industries. The U100 ads more flexibility, it’s compatible with J1939, CANopen, NMEA 2000® and DeviceNet. Supported on Windows and Linux incl. SocketCAN
The U100 is made to operate in tough environments, with enhanced protection of its own electrical circuits, a vibration, shock and drop-proof housing and high-quality cabling that squarely addresses the needs of the evolving automotive development market.
Kvaser U100 establishes a new reference in CAN interface design and the Kvaser U100 mitigates the risk of disturbance caused by current leakage to measurements on the system under test. At the same time, the U100 promises to drive down cost of ownership, whilst providing additional revenue opportunities for partners.
Intelligent LED Interface
The U100 has an all-new, intuitive LED interface. Two high-visibility LED bars give realtime feedback on CAN traffic status, showing busload and error codes. The U100 also features a robust connector with inverted strain release that handles more force than previous models when pulled or bent.
- Supports CAN FD, up to 8 Mbit/s (with correct physical layer implementation)
- Supports both 11-bit (CAN 2.0A) and 29-bit (CAN 2.0B active) identifiers
- Powered through the USB connector
- Supports bit rates from 10 Kbit/sec up to 1 Mbit/sec
- Lightweight, glass fibre reinforced polyamide housing, overmolded with TPE
- IP67 rated
- DB-9 connector
- Intelligent LED UI
- Reinforced galvanic isolation, design validated with 5000 VAC rms applied for 60 seconds
- Industrial grade temperature range, −40 °C to +85 °C
- 20000 msg/s, each timestamped with a resolution of 100 μs
- Support for SocketCAN
- Compatible with J1939, CANopen, NMEA 2000® and DeviceNet
- Fully compatible with applications written for other Kvaser CAN hardware with Kvaser CANlib
The Kvaser U100 (EAN 73-30130-01173-1) has a 9-pin D-SUB connector. Other members of the product line with J1939-13 Type II , M12, OBD-II and USB-C