Kvaser Blackbird v2
Product Code: 73-30130-00671-3
Kvaser BlackBird v2 is a high performance wireless (WLAN) communication link for the High Speed CAN bus.
The BlackBird v2’s ability to leverage existing wireless infrastructure makes it ideal for replacing cumbersome cable, accessing hard-to-reach CAN networks, or for monitoring a CANbus while in motion.
The BlackBird v2’s ability to leverage existing wireless infrastructure makes it ideal for replacing cumbersome cables, accessing hard-to-reach CAN networks, or for monitoring a CANbus while in motion. Based on a radio chip that is Wi-Fi certified and meets CE and FCC standards, it works in both Ad Hoc and Infrastructure modes. More powerful and versatile a WLAN solution than Kvaser’s original BlackBird, Kvaser BlackBird v2 incorporates a new radio chip with up to 75% better range.
- WLAN version 802.11b/g/n.
- IP65-rated for protection against water and dust
- A REST-based application programming interface (API) allows Blackbird v2 to be accessed from any tablet PC or smartphone
- Up to 75% increased range
- Lightweight but highly rugged aluminum housing. Polyurethane cabling suitable for extreme environments
- Galvanic isolation of the CAN bus driver stage to protect the hardware
- Interfaces the CAN bus with a standard D-SUB connector
- Configured via USB connection
- Can be used as a wired interface
- Operating voltage CAN bus (7 – 40 V DC)
- Messages are time-stamped and synchronized with a precision of 25 microsecond
- Supports High Speed CAN (ISO 11898-2)
- Supports 11-bit and 29-bit identifiers