Softing echocollect r/m
Product Code: GAL-YY-143201 & GAL-YY-143401
Softing echocollect r/m is Multi-protocol Gateway for Connecting Controllers with a Serial or Ethernet interface to Databases, Management Systems and IoT Solutions
As an industrial multiprotocol gateway, Softing echocollect r/m offers a modern solution for the further processing of process data. The addition “r” in the product name stands for RS232, since the gateway supports three of these interfaces for serial connection to PLCs. The addition “m” in the product name stands for MPI, as the gateway is specially equipped for connection to SIMATIC S5 and S7 controllers with three TTY and two MPI interfaces. echocollect r/m supports local data logging and enables bidirectional real-time connection between controllers and databases, direct OPC UA integration and cloud connection via the MQTT interface.
The advantage of the NetCon configuration software is the high degree of customization options at protocol level.
As basic functionality, five PLC connections and MySQL as database driver are available. Extension licenses are available for the use of MQTT, OPC UA, data logging to SD card (including Store&Forward), support for 15 PLC connections and other databases such as Oracle and Microsoft SQL.
Modern Connectivity Capabilities
- Access to manufacturing, process and quality data in more than 50 PLC types addressable via Ethernet and serial protocols
- Integration of client applications running on-premises as well as in private and public clouds
- Direct connectivity via platform-independent OPC UA technology, SQL database protocols or MQTT Publisher functionality
- Embedded OPC UA Server functionality
- Direct data exchange between controllers of different types and variants
- Buffering of arriving data and addition of time stamps in case of broken connections, automatic forwarding once connection has been reestablished
Additional Functionality Required for Production
- Data storage in various SQL databases
- Recipe manager functionality for writing data blocks from databases to PLCs
- Optional logging of field data plus time stamps for traceability reasons on SD card or FTP server
Driven by Customer Needs
- Step-by-step user guidance based on contextual online help
- Easy symbol import directly from PLC projects
- Physical network separation between production systems and commercial IT networks
- No need for software updates, operating system patches and PC updates resulting in years of failure-free operation
- No PLC programming or dedicated PC required for connecting PLCs
- Plug-and-play replacement, if necessary, using configuration stored on SD card